Thursday, January 11, 2007

RAW Essence

Robert Anton Wilson Defies Medical Experts and leaves his body @4:50 AM on binary date 01/11.

All Hail Eris!

On behalf of his children and those who cared for him, deepest love and gratitude for the tremendous support and lovingness bestowed upon us.

(that's it from Bob's bedside at his fnord by the sea)

RAW Memorial February 2007
date to be announced

1,310 comments:

1 – 200 of 1310   Newer›   Newest»
Batty McDougall said...

farewell.

Nano said...

Farewell brother, father, sister, mother.

IAO!!!, 93,God speed, 23!!

Anonymous said...

I'm in the middle of watching The I In the Triangle right now. Decided to check if Bob had any words of wisdome for us today.

You're my only Hero, Bob.
You're missed already.

We WILL carry on your work.

If you by chance re-incarnate, please come back as something that can speak and write.

I'm going to pick out a star and think of it as you. And imagine you watching this crazy place, and laughing hopefully (meaning laughing with hope).

Good bye Robert Anton WIlson.

Tuopillinen (Jouni Koskinen) said...

Good bye.

Monsieur Obscure said...

hail eris!

may you revel in the mysteries and all infinities

for eternities.

Bats for Blogs said...

I was just singing a song via IM to my discordian chum.

"You don't own me... I'm not one of your little toys."

I guess I was speaking about the human body. Its hard to talk about ownership on this planet when we don't even really own our own bodies. We lease them.

I think you got a pretty good ride out of your vessel, Bob.

Thanks for making sense of Leary's 8 brain-circuit model. Thanks for teaching me about the Illuminati without making me despair and succumb to black helicopter moments of paranoia.

Thanks for all the models and the ability to smash and reshape my own.

Peace the Spork out!

joseph said...

good bye

Anonymous said...

"Unto Robert from whose eyes the veil of life hath fallen may there be granted the accomplishment of his true Will; whether he wills absorption in the Infinite, or to be united with his chosen and preferred, or to be in contemplation, or to be at peace, or to achieve the labour and heroism of incarnation on this planet or another, or in any Star, or aught else, unto him may there be granted the accomplishment of his will; yea, the accomplishment of his will."

Farewell...


LAShTAL

Timmy Mac said...

Farewell, and thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your inspiration.
FNORD!

JWL said...

I'll make sure to take some time tonight listening to Bob speak to us from Sirius....

Travel well, Bob. Oh, and thanks....

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing everything you have throughout the years... I am glad your last days were spent in relative peace and comfort... we'll be seeing you again...

Unknown said...

"And so it is that we, as men, do not exist until we do; and then it is that we play with our world of existent things, and order and disorder them, and so it shall be that non-existence shall take us back from existence and that nameless spirituality shall return to Void, like a tired child home from a very wild circus."

--Principia Discordia, pg 00058

Thanks for being a part of the circus, Bob; it was an awfully impressive act.

Mark Frauenfelder said...

Thank you for being a wonderful teacher and inspiration in my life. You made the world a better place.

Rasa said...

My brother, you were like a father to me. I will sorely miss our conspiratorial whispers, our grins, our sips of Jameson's, our puffs on the balcony, nodding to the Buddha and staring out to sea.

Love eternal. Dove Sta Memora.

Melody the First said...

This is very odd, because about a half hour ago, I knew Bob had gone on. I knew it. I felt compelled to check the website. And here it is, and on 1/11, too.

Bob is on to the greatest mystery now. How's the old hymn go -- the one who goes is happier than those he leaves behind.

To Bob's family and all those who cared for the man who gave us all so much, thank you. Please take care of yourselves. And let us all know what we may do to help you.

Anonymous said...

Farewell my friend and Godspeed.

:(

Anonymous said...

I looked up this blog site for the first time today after finishing my fourth reading of 'Cosmic Trigger I'. WOW!
Even though you're now kickin' it up somewhere in the tunnel down the hall, I'll be seeing you....


Mark

Anonymous said...

Thanks for everything. My heart aches with joy.

Anonymous said...

Bye Robert,

You'll never know the lives you have touched and the eyes you have opened.

Danny said...

See you after the circus, Bob

mrmonkey23 said...

Goodbye, Bob... thanks again for all the intelligence and laughs. May Eris be with you wherever you are.

Anonymous said...

Bob,

Until we meet again...

Be in Peace.

Condolences to his family.

Anonymous said...

Rest in peace. Bob has influenced me more than any other single person, and I know I'm not alone.

Anonymous said...

I can say without hesitation that Robert Anton Wilson's writings changed my life. I regret that I only got to see him speak once (about 15 years ago at the Masons Temple in Santa Monica).

Goodbye, Bob. Thanks for opening my third eye. ;-)

Jack Henry said...

Farewell Beloved Satellite

I'm cut up, and yet happy.
I'm crying, and yet content.
Eternal love and gratitude to you Bob; and love and support to all the family and carers.

Dove Sta Memora

Unknown said...

See you in the next life, its been fun. You will be remembered forever.

-k said...

"The Illuminatus Trilogy" immanentized my Eschaton. Hail Eris!

Anonymous said...

So long Bob
Ewige Blumenkraft!

Unknown said...

Ta, Bob.

Anonymous said...

Sail bonnie ship like a bird on the wing onward the sailors cry, carry the lad that's born to be king over the sea to Skye. Loud the wind howels, loud the waves roar, thunderclaps rend the air, baffled our foes, stand by the shore, follow they will not dare. Though the waves heave, soft will ye sleep, ocean's a royal bed, rocked in the deep, Flora will keep watch by your weary head.

Robert you will forever be in my heart & mind, Kansha! Aho! Love, & comfort to Robert Anton Wilson's family, peace be with you all.
Tamara & Ishtar Rising

Anonymous said...

All Hail Discordia! :(

Anonymous said...

Praise Bob!

Oh, and that other "Bob", too. You know, whatisname, the dork with the pipe.

Yeah, that one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks...

Anonymous said...

give the doggiez from Sirius a pat for me Bob

you are and will always be one of my heroes

peace

dave

Anonymous said...

Farewell teacher. I will continue to lend out your books to my friends to have them come back a little more enlightened, as always.

Dr Hoopla said...

Bon Voyage Bob . . .

Give'm hell on the other side!

Anonymous said...

He's dancing, now, just beyond our sight.

Ain Soph Aur said...

May your work Live On and Your Spirit Permeate the void.
Thanks for waking me up.

Anonymous said...

Goodbye, you magnificent bastard. You join the ranks of Bill Hicks, Frank Zappa, and Hunter S. Thompsons: for decades frustrated malcontents like me will be saying, "You know who we really need now?" and thinking of you.

Unknown said...

Thanks.

Perilous said...

Cheers, old man.

Thanks.

Fnord!

Unknown said...

Fare thee well, my friend.

See you on the other side.

Anonymous said...

You kept me thinking outside the box for most of my life. Farewell.

Paul said...

The only possible immortality lies in the respect of those still living - hence RAW will live on a long while yet in the hearts and minds of those who loved his work, as well as those who knew him personally. Bon voyage, Mr. Wilson.

alchemical said...

Goodbye.

I'll see you when I see you.

Anonymous said...

Bye Bob. Guess it's up to us now. You'll be missed, but only because I have terrible aim.

The Editor said...

We'll set a place for you at the table Bob. There's always a place for you.
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

See you in the next world, man.

I hope I will manage to read everything you ever published before I follow you. I'm still young, so I guess I'll manage.

dano said...

Thanks for the ride, man.

Anonymous said...

thanks for all the thoughts, Bob.

Unknown said...

Just yesterday Val and I read him all of Arlen's poems (posted on his site). The final poem was her haiku about death. It was a great comfort to him I think. Love Mimi

Anonymous said...

Reality is what you make of it.

Hail Eris! All hail Discordia!

Thanks for the leads, Bob, I'm still following them in my own way.

Shawn Kittelsen said...

Farewell, sir, and thank you for taking the "is" out of my life.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the thoughts, the memories, the inspiration.... we will never forget, and we'll remember to not be sad, but hopeful, as you would have wanted

Anonymous said...

Much love and thanks for your serious jokes and funny wisdom.

Anonymous said...

Farewell.
You will be remembered.
Rest in happiness.

M.Luther Bliss said...

Goodbye Grand CosmicCentral Admin.
Pleasant Trip o Journey...
The Stars seem shooting..or damn ma dewie eyes..

http://www.monkinstitute.com/

-there's an add on it, sayin'
'It's time to fly...'

dqueue said...

Farewell. Thanks for all your contributions to this life on Earth.

Veleda said...

farewell bob. May you be with Arlen, your beloved.

quackenbush said...

love is real
not fade away

Edwardo Lobo said...

I hope your next trip is as good or better than your last one.

Julia said...

Auf Wiedersehen, du lustiger Lurch, Heil dir, deinem Geiste, in Ewigkeit, Amen.

Die amerikanischen Hörnchen wandern wieder, so denn, ehret die Unkontrollierten.

mahola, bob

Anonymous said...

Rise in Peace olde friend

Unknown said...

Your work will last much longer than your body. Thanks for making a difference in my life.

Unknown said...

Overall, there is a smell of fried onions.

Unknown said...

Overall, there is a smell of fried onions.

Unknown said...

Thank you for everything.

farewell.

Anonymous said...

93 RAW. I never met you, and I know we'd have had some interesting stories to share. I'm quite proud to have shared your written works through my bookstore for many years.

Tom W
Other Change of Hobbit, in Berkeley

Anonymous said...

RAW gave me many hours of reading pleasure, and changed my whole view of the world.
I hope that whatever happens after death is cool, and that h's having a great time.
My best to his family and friends.
Hail Eris!, and watch out for the fnords

Peter Swimm said...

Wotan better watch out.. Bob is here!

Anonymous said...

How dare you to die. :(

Anonymous said...

Good riddance.




Hey, SOMEONE had to throw an apple in here....

borsky said...

namu amidha butsu
to really love one must let go
go Bob and never turn back
like an arrow from a bow

thx for all the fnords, your tribe will keep the lasagna flying

Unknown said...

god speed, robert. you will be missed.

i am glad to have read your works.

Anonymous said...

Happy trails to you until we meet again.
Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.
Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.
Happy trails to you 'till we meet again.

-- Hecateuse Eva Maria Discordiana, Midwest Discordian Ministry Assembly

Chris Gilmour said...

thanks

Unknown said...

Hail Eris

thanks for helping me squeege my third eye

Hope you packed a toothbrush

Hail Eris

Peace Love and Disco,
Will

magnus said...

"How dare you to die. :("
you said it, paniq!

Anonymous said...

Chao, baby.

dannyglix said...

poor raw, that blows.

UniqueCrash5 said...

Damn. You're one of my heroes, Bob. I'd hoped to meet you someday.

Perhaps I still will.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for showing me ways.

Will catch up with you some other time.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

One of the last great visionaries of our time. The world sorely needs more RAWs.

Twi said...

Thank you for everything, Bob.

See ya soon enough...

Anonymous said...

Eris reclaims her own at last

So long,Bob. Thanks for the universe.

mzinformed said...

Say hi to St. Peter for me, Bob, and keep all those angels on their toes.

Thank you for being part of this world.

Hail Eris!

John Higgs said...

In the words of William Burroughs -

It ain't no sin
To take off your skin
And dance around in your bones...

Farewell fella,
john higgs

Anonymous said...

You will always be missed.

Thank you for all the good you have done for the world.

Anonymous said...

wow, just wow. . .

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inspiring me, and helping to illuminate the path. Mahalo and farewell.

Hobbs von Wackamole said...

Bob was an inspiration, and a great thinker. The world gained so much from him, and we've all lost something.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your writing. You opened my mind to quite a few ideas in your time, and always with humour and humanity.

Quite an act to follow.

23.

Anonymous said...

Take it easy, Bob.

Good to know you.

Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

i think i just felt the world get stupider.

love.

Anonymous said...

Farewell man.

Anonymous said...

hail eris, thank you for opening and changing my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you will be missed by many

fnord

Anonymous said...

GoodBye Bob

Anonymous said...

23 is the key.

Anonymous said...

You changed my life with Scroedinger's Cat. Thank you very much.
GoodBye...

Anonymous said...

Fnord.

Anonymous said...

We'll keep up the fight!

Cya on the other side.

-Myke

Anonymous said...

Say hi to jpc for me!

Anonymous said...

Goodbye, bob. See you soon. I hope you get your pleasant meal up there.

Unknown said...

Farewell and Thank you

Unknown said...

Farewell and Thanks!

JZP said...

Listen, uh - I just want to say thanks.
So...thanks. Thanks for all the presents.
Thanks for introducing me to the Chief.
Thanks for putting on the feedbag. Thanks for going all out.
Thanks for showing me your Swiss Army knife ... and uh - thanks for letting me autograph your cast.

Thanks for the memories of the future. -jzp

Unknown said...

bye bob. love ya

Dij said...

.

Anonymous said...

All Hail Eris!
All Hail Discordia!

Anonymous said...

Joyce, Crowley and Jung now have a fourth for bridge. Hail Eris, and farewell!

Anonymous said...

So long, and thanks for all the fnords...

You'll be missed dearly.

PlanB247 said...

Please let us know how it goes out there as your voyage continues on.

dB said...

Alas, another true hero falls...

You will be mourned.

Hail Eris.

Scott McDaniel said...

Thanks for everything.

Welcome home!

Unknown said...

Farewell and godspeed on the next big part of your journey. It was a privilege to have met you.

Anonymous said...

Goodbye, Bob. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

RIP RAW

null said...

i think it's ridiculous to left messages for dead people on their blogs, but i can't fight the feeling of 'LOSING' a professor. i'm speechless, even knowing he's ok.

and let's thrown a discordian party, he would love that ((=


FNORD GALERE!

Anonymous said...

You will be missed.

"Bullshit makes
the flowers grow
& that's beautiful."

Fnord.

Anonymous said...

Good bye, you were one of those who inspired my life. You will be missed.

Michael from Vienna, Austria

Pope Richard Corey said...

So Long, Pope Wilson. You made me who i am. I hope that you Mindfuck the underworld.

Unknown said...

goodbye RAW. thank you graciously.

Telarus, KSC said...

And another of Her crazy luminous gifts retires to Limbo. Hope to see you there, Bob. I'll buy you a spliff and a drink.

Namaste,
-Telarus, KSC

Anonymous said...

FAREWELL AND ALL HAIL ERIS!

TJCrowley said...

Thanks for getting me stoned that time with Timothy Leary. Bon voyage!

J Love said...

all hail discordia and a great man and teacher.


he's missed already!


be well Bob, you showed me paths, and for that I thank you!

Elisha Grey said...

OffOn/OnOn Bob was going fast and is now gone.

So glad you were here to guide me.

See you.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the mind fucking. here's to a smooth transition to the next thing..

Anonymous said...

Send us a postcard Bob!

323ism said...

Fair thee well....maverick of the mind

Anonymous said...

Robert Anton Wilson was a verb and not a noun. And he still is.

Craig G said...

If there's an afterlife, he and Leary are chatting it up already.

Bob spent his life illuminating the world one mind at a time. And, even though he's gone, those minds won't become dimmer.

But the world has lost one of its brightest flames... I'll drink one for him even though we never met.

Fnord!

spanky said...

your words guided me through some crazy times. 23

Anonymous said...

Thanks, man.

Anonymous said...

Farewell to a great and kind philosopher.

Anonymous said...

I knew something went wrong with karma police, when she sent me that text message telling me not to contact her anymore, but then again, what is the personal disturbance from losing one girl compared to planertary disturbance from loosing one great visonary?

Or put the other way around:
What is the pleasure deriven from exchanging worldviews, music, books, caresses and fun with one girl for some weeks compared to visionary notifying readers planetwide of worldviews, music, books, films and even more fun?

Thanks, Robert.

Thanks, everybody, who does the same.

Unknown said...

Le RAW est mort. Vive le RAW!

Farewell, maestro.

Unknown said...

Dear Robert,

I had the opportunity to meet you once in my life in person and this very private moment I will never forget.

Thanks for your shared thoughts and your invaluable contributions to mental sanity. We will keep the lasagna flying and you in our hearts.

Tim

Anonymous said...

I'd always hoped to meet you in the flesh some day. But I'm an east coaster, alas. I wanted to just say "Thank you". Myself, the 117 people who commented before me and countless thousands others owe you so much, we wouldn't be the people we are today if it wasn't for you.

I packed this one for you brother.

Hail Eris

p.s. being seeing you on sirius someday.

Shig said...

Cheers, mate. Enjoy the ride.

WilliamC said...

Thanks for the ideas, thanks for the words, thanks for the humor, thanks for showing me the approach I hope I can take when my own time comes. Goodbye.

Condolences to RAW's family.

Anonymous said...

0111 = 7...where's the 5, bob?

thanks for helping me see the fnords.

every man and woman is a tsar. hail eris!!

The Odd Emperor said...

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro

M Harold Page said...

Farewell from Scotland.

6weekvegan said...

see joo on xday

Anonymous said...

I feel a great disturbance in the force...

I assume you´ll still be checking your blog, so godspeed, Mr Wilson. Say hello to Leary and Mckenna and may you raise a glass with them in Valhalla.

Heartbreakingly yours,
Clark Nova

Anonymous said...

Ave atque vale, big lad. See you on the other side.

Malgrin said...

On a personal level, this week has been devoted to silly sounds... and somehow, I find that it is a fitting tribute to you.

I thank Eris that she rolled you in my direction.

Kallisti!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Goodbye Robert. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Farewell from Austria.

Unknown said...

dude, you finally did it! rock on, adios, see you soon, hasta la pasta & meatballs on the side. xoxox

Anonymous said...

Here death may deal not again for ever;
Here change may come not till all change end.
From the graves they have made they shall rise up never,
Who have left nought living to ravage and rend.
Earth, stones, and thorns of the wild ground growing,
While the sun and the rain live, these shall be;
Till a last wind's breath upon all these blowing
Roll the sea." - Charles A.Swinburne

Thank You Bob .....Goodbye!!!
23/93 .'. 418

steam-powered said...

Amor et hilaritas

Anonymous said...

i did not visit this website for months. And now I have to read sad news.
Bob Wilson is already missing. He was a great teacher who did not deny that he was cosmic schmock.
Thank you Bob for all the ideas you gave us to ponder about.

Farewell

Anonymous said...

truly a dancing star has been born today.

farewell robert.

Scott said...

I can't think of anything to say but: I'm very sad today.

Unknown said...

Farewell, Bob! You will live on in those you inspired.

Kingfox said...

Farewell RAW. Thank you for all the great ways you've contributed to this world.

Anonymous said...

Everywhere the sane are going into mourning...

Thank you for teaching me so much, enjoy the ride!

Anonymous said...

The greatest adverture begins.Say Hi to Chopper23,Jim,Jerry,Tim and all the others we miss you all!

gabriel said...

Thank you, Robert, for the Illuminatus! Trilogy at 13, and for Cosmic Trigger and Prometheus Rising at 33. Fare thee well, and may these bits speed to you, wherever you are. My children -- when they exist -- will know your name. -gabriel

Malach the Merciless said...

Farewell in your next journey, your humble servant Malach the Merciless.

theo paijmans said...

Saddened I say goodbye in deep respect to an author who has given me unforgettable hours and ideas to ponder upon.

From the Netherlands and my deepest sympathy to his family.

Theo Paijmans

Bookartist said...

And so the made form dissolves.

Anonymous said...

Goodbye and thankyou

Anonymous said...

RIP RAW
No wife, no horse, no mustache

Unknown said...

thank you for your contribution to making this world a more creative place to live in. deepest sympathies to RAW's family, close families, fans, and future fans who have yet to discover the greatness of his works.

-maredith
austin, texas

hoping that people don't take themselves too seriously.

Lupa said...

Now you can have that pleasant meal. Hope you and Arlen have an excellent menu to choose from.

You're already missed.

Anonymous said...

Everything in the universe exists and will always exist. Everything stays unchanged through eternity. There is no before, now, later. Statis.

Or not. There is not "uni"verse, only a changing experience that we exchange between ourselves. There is no right or wrong, true or false, everything exists, nothing exists.

Or not.

The RAW Essence will linger.

Moonie said...

Thanks, Bob. Your wisdom, wit, and activism will be missed on this side.

cavalaxis said...

Thank you for teaching me not to take everything so damned seriously. I will laugh and drink good whisky in your memory. And then I will write.

Anonymous said...

I wish you excellent navigation in the bardos RAW, I wish you all the best wherever you are.

Farewell friend

http://corporate.skynet.be/zen

Anonymous said...

Fare thee well, Pope O' Mine.

Condolences to the world on this one. RAW was a man who really nailed that sucker. He knew everyone better than we know ourselves, even if he hasn't met you.

Let us never forget. And talk is cheap; it's all about the flax, right?

Unknown said...

we'll miss you
but we won't forget you
and we'll keep spreading your message.

Anonymous said...

Enormous thanks for being your own dirty, freaky self. Be seeing you!

J. L. Grant

Anonymous said...

farewell & thank you.

-k

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em Bob!
Ride that comet out of here!

by gregoryp(tm) aka Gregory Pleshaw said...

What the thinker thinks, the prover proves.

Now where's that quarter? ;-)

I have no single greater influence on my thinking than this man, other than perhaps my dad. And I got to discover at just that point in my life when everything was so damn dull (20) that it seemed like nothing could impress me. But he did.

love you, man....

Anonymous said...

My Teacher, inspiration, entertainer and guide. Your light will always live on. I will miss you...LGN

Anonymous said...

The planet misses you already. Your works mean so much to me and changed me in so many ways.

23 skidoo, Bob.

Shed a tear for the coming eschaton.

Honky-Tonk Dragon said...

Bob,

with your words you were more of a father and guide to me than my own dad, yet for some reason, I am struck dumb by this news. Thank you. You are already missed.

Somebody warn the gods, cause the afterlife will never be the same.

Anonymous said...

i say again, you taught me to think. thank you.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Wilson, I never met you but I already miss you. Your words gave me glimpses of things I never would have seen otherwise. Wherever you are, they better be treating you right.

Anonymous said...

Goodbye
Thank you for your inspiration.
Fnord!

Huey said...

a banana bag again (or a camel)

Nick Zart said...

Hail to you friend.

Thank you for the Universe you unfolded, the great entertainment and making this world a little wittier and funnier.

We'll keep the lasagna flying and thanks for the fish.

Unknown said...

Good bye bob ... you will be missed! You are welcome to reincarnate in my neck of the woods any time you see fit.

EleriCooks said...

Send us some jujus from the Big Fnord in the Sky, man. Have a good trip.

Anonymous said...

Oh and farewell on your new journey...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bob -- you taught me how to live life as the art of playing games and helped me to learn the unbridled joy of creating and remixing my life in myriad ways.

I'll always be indebted to you for helping me, not in opening my eyes, but in helping me look out of them from a different angle.

Hope your journey hasn't ended and this part's an even wilder trip than the last 75 years were.... I'll drink a toast to you tonight. Cheers

John Romkey said...

So long and thanks for all the fnords.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the books. Have fun on the other side.

-Darqchild

Anonymous said...

I have proof that this is all just a cover-up.

Anonymous said...

Bye.

ElĂ­as said...

Farewell, the only author whose originality, imagination and wit have truly surprised me.

Anonymous said...

I've written in to several online news publications. It's only fitting that RAW should get an obituary as a tribute.

Anonymous said...

thanks and have a good trip!

Unknown said...

Farewell, and safe travels. You changed my life.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your return to chaos...

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 1310   Newer› Newest»